Tuesday, June 15, 2010

How Do I Get There From Here?

When doing most anything there is a logical order to follow. Most people learn at a very young age that you must put on your socks before your shoes. Once the shoes are on your feet it is impossible to get your socks on your feet without taking the shoes back off. One way to bypass this procedure is to be like my son and just not wear any shoes, but that can lead to other problems.
Simple analogy? Yes! Getting an idea to market is far more complicated than putting your shoes and socks on. But maybe not. Think about how to explain to someone who has never seen shoes and socks (maybe an imaginary someone), how to wear them. How would you start?
“Grab a sock.”
“What is a sock?”
“The white cotton thingy over there.”
“This?”
“Yes! Now put it on your foot.”
“How?”




Well you get the idea. I think of it like trying to explain the color blue to a person that has been blind since birth.
This is where I am at. I have an idea. I have heard of the Patent Office. I have watched Law and Order so I know what a lawyer is. I have shopped at Wal-Mart so I have seen the mounds of stuff people will buy.
Now What?

1 comment: