Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Ideas, Ideas, Ideas!

I have new ideas pop into my head all the time. We all do. In the past I may or may not have written them down depending on what I was doing or thinking at the time. I have found that if I wait I will forget or downplay the value of the idea and move on to something else.
One of my new tenets is to record my idea as soon as possible (ASAP). I will not dilly about whether it is a good or bad idea, I can do that later I just need to write it down. I carry a small book for this something I can write a note, draw a sketch or project a statement onto. I can always come back to the idea and mentally develop it further, but only if I get it on paper.
We have all been in Wal-Mart and seen something on the shelf and said “That is my idea!”, or we have told somebody an idea only to have them say “I saw that on the internet.” That is the nature of ideas. You cannot keep a good idea down, or hidden. It will eventually surface. I believe that ideas are logical conclusions developed by our brains to solve a problem, fill a need or support a want. And while people have different thought processes influenced by nature and nurture, we are all still the same. If you thought of it somebody else did6oo, or will shortly. The race is now on to patent it.

No comments:

Post a Comment